Learn how to make easy vanilla ice cream in the Ninja Creami, using vanilla pudding mix!
Rich and creamy Ninja Creami vanilla pudding ice cream is so smooth, delicious, and easy to whip up!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. You can read our full disclosure policy here.
If you’re an ice cream purist, you know that everyone needs a good recipe for the most classic ice cream flavors, like a rich chocolate ice cream or a velvety vanilla ice cream.
As I’ve been making homemade ice cream for many years now, I’ve tried so many different combinations, and they each have their own benefits.
I’ve made no-churn sweet cream ice cream with condensed milk, I’ve made Philadelphia-style ice cream with cream cheese, and I’ve made vanilla custard ice cream using egg yolks in my ice cream machine.
And I have to say that, in general, I tend to prefer the recipes that are the easiest to whip up. Which is why I love the Ninja Creami ice cream maker!
While I’ve experimented with various vanilla ice creams in the Ninja Creami, I have to say that this one is definitely the easiest, because it uses instant vanilla pudding mix to give it plenty of rich vanilla flavor!
Making Ninja Creami recipes with pudding mix is actually quite simple, too, so you’re sure to love this one!
Ninja Creami Vanilla Ice Cream from Pudding Mix
Making ice cream from pudding mix isn’t really a new concept, but doing it in the Ninja Creami machine really simplifies things.
You simply add some of the powdered vanilla pudding mix to the ice cream base and freeze!
I do this with my Ninja Creami lemon ice cream, Ninja Creami cherry cheesecake ice cream, Ninja Creami butterscotch ice cream, Ninja Creami cake batter ice cream, and Ninja Creami Chocolate Pudding Ice Cream, too.
Because the pudding mix is already sweetened, you don’t need to add any sugar to the base, so it pulls double duty here.
And because the pudding mix automatically lends some creaminess to the base, you end up with a silky smooth texture when everything’s said and done.
The best Ninja Creami recipes are the ones that are easy to make, and this one is no exception!
And since it clocks in at less than 200 calories per serving, it’s a lighter ice cream that’s still rich and delicious.
More Ninja Creami Recipes You’ll Love:
- Ninja Creami Orange Sherbet
- Ninja Creami Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Cookie Butter Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Cherry Limeade Sorbet
- Easy Ninja Creami Mango Sorbet
- Ninja Creami Cherry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- Easy Ninja Creami Berry Lemonade Sorbet
- Ninja Creami Red Velvet Cake Batter Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Violet Lemonade Italian Ice
- Ninja Creami Protein Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Cottage Cheese Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Dairy Free Chocolate Ice Cream
How to Make Vanilla Pudding Ice Cream in the Ninja Creami
It’s easier than you think to create rich and creamy ice cream using instant pudding mix!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Whole milk
- Heavy cream
- Vanilla extract
How to Make it:
(Full printable recipe card is available below)
Dissolve the pudding mix. Combine pudding mix and milk in a small bowl or large glass measuring cup.
I use half of a 3.4-oz box of instant pudding mix. Whisk to dissolve the pudding mix.
Add cream and vanilla. Add in the heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract, whisking to combine.
Pour the mixture into a Ninja Creami pint container, being careful not to exceed the max fill line.
Freeze. Close the lid securely on the pint container. Transfer to a level surface in your freezer and freeze for at least 24 hours.
Spin. Remove the pint from the freezer and take off the lid. Place the pint into the outer bowl apparatus and lock the lid into place.
Secure the outer bowl into the Ninja Creami machine and press the Ice Cream button. Allow the cycle to complete.
Re-spin if needed. After the ice cream function is complete, remove the pint from the machine and check the texture.
If it seems a little crumbly, you can insert it back into the machine and use the Re-spin button to cycle it again and achieve a creamy texture.
Now it’s ready to scoop and serve!
You can enjoy this ice cream plain, scoop it over a piece of cake or pie, or add your favorite toppings!
Notes and Adaptations:
- Feel free to add some vanilla bean paste instead of vanilla extract, if you want to enjoy vanilla bean ice cream!
- I use half of a small (3.4-oz) box of instant vanilla pudding mix, which comes out to about 4 tablespoons. You can double the recipe to use up the whole box at once and make two pints, or simply save the extra powder in an airtight container for later.
- You could use the Mix-in function to add in some extras, if you’d like! Chocolate chips, chopped cookies or graham crackers, etc. would give some crunch to your sweet treat.
- If you need to make some dairy-free substitutions, you can make this Ninja Creami dairy free vanilla ice cream, which uses coconut cream instead of heavy cream and unsweetened coconut milk, almond milk, or oat milk instead of whole milk.
- If you’re enjoying leftovers of this ice cream, I recommend letting the pint sit out at room temperature for about 10 minutes before scooping.
- I have not tried this with sugar-free pudding, so I can’t say for sure how it would work.
- 4 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a small mixing bowl or large liquid measuring cup, combine instant pudding mix and milk. Whisk together until pudding mix dissolves.
- Add heavy cream and vanilla extract, whisking just to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a Ninja Creami pint, being careful not to exceed the max fill line, and close the lid. Place on a level surface in your freezer for at least 24 hours.
- Remove pint from freezer and take off the lid. Place the pint into the outer bowl apparatus and close the outer bowl lid. Lock the outer bowl into the Ninja Creami machine.
- Select the Ice Cream function and allow the cycle to complete.
- Remove pint from the machine and check the texture. If it appears crumbly, insert it back into the machine and use the Re-spin function to spin again. If it's still crumbly after that, add a tablespoon of milk and re-spin once more.
- Scoop, serve, and enjoy!
- Be sure to check out our list of the best Ninja Creami accessories!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 74mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Printable Ninja Creami Recipes
If you’d like some delicious printable Ninja Creami recipes, check out Tried and True: 35 Favorite Ninja Creami Recipes!
It contains some fantastic recipes, all in an easy-to-use printable format that you can download to your device.
Check it out here, or click the image below to learn more!
Be sure to save this recipe to your Ninja Creami board on Pinterest!