Making sugar-free pistachio ice cream in the Ninja Creami is super simple to do, creating a delicious low-carb dessert you’ll love.
This Ninja Creami sugar free pistachio ice cream is an indulgent yet satisfying treat that’s crazy easy to make!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. You can read our full disclosure policy here.
One of the most incredible features of the Ninja Creami ice cream machine is the ability to customize your frozen treats based on dietary needs.
This is great news for those of us who are on special diets or who otherwise might not be able to eat traditional desserts.
Many people need to decrease their sugar intake for various reasons–whether they’re diabetic, following a low-carb diet, or simply trying to cut back on calories.
The Ninja Creami makes it ridiculously easy to create delicious treats that rival those from local ice cream shoppes!
If you’ve ever had pistachio gelato, you know that the creamy and flavorful treat is pure decadence.
That’s why I know you’re going to love this sugar free Ninja Creami pistachio ice cream!
Low Carb Pistachio Ice Cream in the Ninja Creami
I’ve been experimenting with Ninja Creami recipes that use instant pudding mix for months now, and I’ve created multiple recipes that are downright delicious.
So for this pistachio ice cream recipe, I knew I wanted to start with sugar-free instant pistachio pudding mix.
This provides some sweetness, flavor, and acts as a stabilizer for the ice cream.
To keep it sugar-free, you’ll need to use dairy-free ingredients, such as nondairy milk and coconut cream (I do this in my dairy-free Ninja Creami vanilla ice cream).
However, if you’re just cutting back on added sugars, you can use dairy milk and heavy cream (these have natural sugars in them).
Then I add a little bit of almond extract, which is actually the predominant flavor in most pistachio desserts, so it adds a lot to this recipe.
And if you’d like a bit of crunch, add some chopped pistachios as a mix-in or as a garnish!
More Ninja Creami Recipes Using Pudding Mix:
- Ninja Creami Dairy Free Chocolate Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Lemon Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Cottage Cheese Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Cookie Butter Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Butterscotch Ice Cream
Making Ninja Creami Pistachio Ice Cream with Sugar Free Pudding
It’s easier than you think to whip up a batch of this deliciously creamy treat.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Milk (dairy or nondairy, depending on your needs)
- Sugar free instant pistachio pudding mix
- Coconut cream or heavy cream (depending on your needs)
- Almond extract
- Optional: chopped pistachios
How to Make it:
Dissolve pudding mix. To start, you’ll combine milk and pudding mix in a small mixing bowl or large liquid measuring cup.
Whisk or use an immersion blender to mix until the pudding mix dissolves.
Add cream and extract. Next, you’ll add your heavy cream or coconut cream and almond extract. Blend just until smooth.
Pour the mixture into a Ninja Creami pint container and close the lid. Freeze for at least 24 hours.
Spin. Remove the pint from the freezer and take off the lid. Place the pint into the outer bowl of the Ninja Creami, locking the lid in place.
Secure the outer bowl into the Ninja Creami and press the Lite Ice Cream button. Allow the cycle to complete.
Check the consistency. Remove the pint from the machine and check the texture of the ice cream. If it looks kind of crumbly, place the pint back into the machine and press the Re-spin button.
If it’s still crumbly after that, you can add a tablespoon of milk to the ice cream, then Re-spin one more time.
Optional Mix-in: If you want to add some chopped pistachios as a mix-in, create a well in the center of the ice cream that extends to the bottom of the pint.
Add the chopped nuts to the well, then place the container back into the machine.
Press the Mix-in button and allow the cycle to incorporate the nuts into the ice cream.
Alternatively, you can simply sprinkle some pistachios on top of your serving!
Notes and Adaptations:
- To make this recipe sugar-free, choose an unsweetened non-dairy milk (such as almond milk, oat milk, etc.) and canned coconut cream. If you don’t need it completely sugar free, you can use dairy products, such as dairy milk and heavy cream, which contain some natural sugars.
- I used Jell-O brand sugar-free instant pistachio pudding mix.
- Chopped pistachios are completely optional–I don’t usually add them as a mix-in, because my kids don’t prefer nuts in their ice cream. So I just sprinkle some on top of my serving!
- If you’re serving leftover ice cream, I recommend letting the pint sit out at room temperature for about 10 minutes to soften before scooping.
- 1 1/2 cups milk of choice (see note below)
- 2 Tablespoons sugar free instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1/2 cup canned coconut cream or heavy cream (see note below)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Optional: 1/4 cup chopped pistachios for mix-in or garnish
- In a small bowl or large liquid measuring cup, combine milk and pistachio pudding. Mix with an immersion blender to dissolve pudding mix.
- Add in coconut cream or heavy cream and almond extract, blending to incorporate.
- Transfer mixture to a Ninja Creami pint container and close the lid. Place pint on a level surface in the freezer and freeze for at least 24 hours.
- Remove pint from freezer and take off lid. Place pint container into the outer bowl and secure the outer bowl lid.
- Place bowl apparatus into the Ninja Creami machine and select the Lite Ice Cream function. Allow the process to complete.
- Remove pint from machine and check the consistency. If it appears crumbly, insert it back into the machine and use the Re-Spin button. If it's still crumbly after that, add a tablespoon of milk and Re-spin once more.
- If you're adding pistachios as a mix-in, create a well in the center of the ice cream that's about 1-inch wide and extends to the bottom of the pint. Add chopped pistachios to the well. Insert the pint back into the machine and use the Mix-in function to incorporate.
- Serve, garnishing with additional chopped pistachios if desired.
- To make this recipe sugar-free, choose an unsweetened non-dairy milk (such as almond milk, oat milk, etc.) and canned coconut cream. If you don't need it completely sugar free (for instance, if you're just cutting out added sugars), you can use dairy products, such as dairy milk and heavy cream, which contain some natural sugars.
- I used Jell-O brand sugar-free instant pistachio pudding mix.
- Chopped pistachios are completely optional--I don't usually add them as a mix-in, because my kids don't prefer nuts in their ice cream. So I just sprinkle some on top of my serving!
- If you're serving leftover ice cream, I recommend letting the pint sit out at room temperature for about 10 minutes to soften before scooping.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 127mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 6g
Nutrition is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
More Ninja Creami Recipes You’ll Want to Try:
Printable Ninja Creami Recipes
If you’d like some delicious printable Ninja Creami recipes, check out Tried and True: 35 Favorite Ninja Creami Recipes!
It contains some fantastic recipes, all in an easy-to-use printable format that you can download to your device.
Check it out here, or click the image below to learn more!
Be sure to save this recipe to your Ninja Creami board on Pinterest!